Wigs or weaves which is better? If this is the question that is bothering you, you are in the right place. The choice depends obviously on your needs, but there are some points that need to be taken into consideration before making a decision.
A wig is a covering for head created from animal hair, human hair, or synthetic fiber. In simple terms, a wig is similar to a hat to use it on and off without any efforts. It has a cap with attached hairs. A weave, on the other hand, is braided hair attached down with the hair weft extensions that is further attached onto the braids.
Unlike weaves, hair extensions are normally glued, clipped, or sewn on natural hair by adding extra human hair. Usually, all weaves are a kind of hair extensions, but not all extensions are weaves. While considering between wigs vs weaves, you can take into considerations the following points.
To know the difference between wigs or weave hair, here are some pros and cons of hair weaves.
1. You can choose different hairstyle. You can alter your style quickly, without growing your hair out or cutting it.
2. Hair weaves are more secure.
3. Hair weaves feel more secure as they are connected to separate strands of your hair.
4. The hair weaves are more nature.
5. They go well with your current natural hair.
6. They just add extra length and volume.
1. Hair weaves lead to hair loss. Improper usages such as braiding hair too tight can result in hair loss.
2. They are too costly. They can be pricey to maintain and install.
3. They lead to tangled hair. If you use bad products, it can shed, tangle, or look unnatural.
To know the weave vs wig difference, here are some pros and cons of wigs.
1. Wigs offer infinite looks and style options.
2. Rather of coloring your natural hair, you can opt to wear use a wig to alter your hair color and hairstyle simply to go well with the occasion. Moreover, this can save your natural hair from harsh chemicals and bleach.
3. They have longer lifespan and lower price. If you properly maintain a wig, it will last very long time. In different words, it saves you a lot money to buy a new one.
4. Wigs protect your original hair.
5. Not only the wig entirely covers up the injured strands and offers you ideal hair, but it also offers time to the damaged strands to get back to normal.
6. While your locks are below the wig, they are not exposed to anything from the exterior end. This is similar to the outside factors that can damage hair in the first place.
1. Wigs need to be reinstalled daily.
2. It is better for you to remove the wigs every day. On the other hand, it is not a good option to shower or sleep with your wigs on.
3. Wigs are not safe enough.
4. It is not as safer as hair waves since it is not sewn on.
The decision on whether to select hair weave or wig relies on your condition and choice. Hair weaves offer same results when it comes to volume, length, realistic look, and longevity. Wigs are much enhanced for conditions such as hair loss or damaged thin hair.
Wigs suit any lifestyle, but a lace wig needs a lace glue, which would not be great for some users who work out daily. Users do better with a glue-less or half-wig lace wig with clips. On the other hand, hair weaves are great if you are searching for long-term hair commitment, or if you need to offer your natural hair a break. In addition to this, they are a great choice if you have an active lifestyle.
In the end, we leave it to your fine judgment. This is because, both hair weaves and wigs goes will under specific situation. They are suitable for different users. Hence, the choice of choosing wig or hair weaves will be made by a particular user depending upon his/her needs and requirement.
Long story short, wigs and hair weaves have their share of advantages and disadvantages. It actually depends on the users as per their needs. We just saw different pros and cons of using wigs and hair waves. The list will help you know what will suit you best for your situation—wigs or hair weaves. Rest, the end decision resides with you.
THANKS FOR YOUR REGISTER!
GO TO WIN SWEET GIFT!