What Is A Glueless Wig and How To Wear It
Although wearing a wig can make you look so pretty and gorgeous, it can make you awkward sometimes if it looks quite unnatural. In order to make our wig look as natural as possible, we’ve been trying different ways, from choosing human hair wigs to using adhesive glue or tape. However, glue or tape can damage not only the wig base itself, but also cause harm to our skin to some extent. It can’t be seamlessly perfect in every way. To solve the problem and get the work easier, a wig type called glueless wig is made. So what exactly is a glueless wig?
As its name suggested, the glueless wig is the kind of wig that doesn't require adhesive glue or tape to be applied, it is generally secured by an elastic band combs that come with the wig. Glueless wigs are mostly hand-knotted with a lace base to mimic our natural hairline, that’s why glueless wigs are becoming more and more popular. It is totally fine if you want to use glue on it to enhance a natural look.
Merits of Glueless Wig
1. It makes installing or uninstalling process easy and convenient since the use of glue or tape is not necessary. It shortens the time of applying and makes the work easier. It can fit your head snugly and stay put simply by using the combs and adjustable strap.
2. Glueless lace wig has a breathable lace unit, which is very comfortable to wear. It is light and smooth, making wearing a wig just like wearing your own hair.
3. It is a safe choice for those who are allergic to adhesive glue or tape. The silky lace base allows the scalp to breathe and the hair under the wig to move freely. This is to say that a glueless wig not only protects the scalp but also helps to promote hair growth.
4. Moreover, the silky lace base can create a very natural hairline, thus achieving a realistic look. It is also very versatile that offers you a range of parting decisions and also allows you to try different hairstyles.
How to wear glueless wig
1. Prepare your natural hair. Braiding your hair into cornrows and putting on the wig cap, ensure that your natural hair is flat and all tucked into the wig cap. This step is very essential to keep the glueless lace wig in place after applying.
2. Fix the edges. Dip a cotton dub with some alcohol to remove excess oil or sweat off by swiping across your edge.
3. Wear the glueless lace wig and secure it. Put the wig on your head, grip the combs to your hair and adjust the elastic strap to make it snugly fit and stay put, if it’s too tight, loosen it and vice versa.
4. Trim the lace. Glueless lace wig always comes with excess lace on the front. After putting on the wig, trim the lace with a scissor. But be careful not to cut the hairline, only cut the lace.
5. Final styling. To achieve a more realistic and pretty look. You can lay some baby hair with the mouse, pluck it a little bit to make it more natural, or comb and style it in ways you want.
If you are looking for a natural look wig, a glueless lace wig will suits you just fine. No matter whether you decide to go with the straight wig, wavy wig, or curly wig, it definitely can give you the desired style.
How long can you wear a glueless wig?
Don't Wear Your Wig for More Than Six Weeks at a Time Don't use a short-term adhesive if you want to wear your wig for several weeks at a time.
Can a glueless wig fall off?
Being that these types of wigs don't come with glue or tapes, it doesn't mean that they can easily fall off. You can wear glueless lace front wigs daily without any fear of it getting flown off. You simply adjust the strap to perfectly fit the head. Glueless bob wigs offer great convenience.
Do glueless wigs look natural?
The lace and hand-tied hair overall gives the appearance the hair is growing naturally from the scalp. All of our full lace hand-tied wigs, glueless lace wig, are totally natural-looking in appearance. No one can tell it isn't your own hair unless you tell them!